To satisfy the government's need of official statistics and reliable information to be used in setting policies and programs on local, regional and international levels; taking into consideration the accelerating economic and social variables. We also seek to satisfy the needs of all authorities in acquiring data in all areas of development.
THE STRATEGIC GOALS OF THE NCSI
- Building the statistical capacity for those who are working in the statistical field so that they can perform their jobs efficiently.
- Establishing national databases as a unified accurate data inventory along with a regular and ongoing data update.
- Utilizing modern techniques in statistical work and using them as an incentive for innovation and achievement.
- Information management using methodologies, research's spatial analysis and information technology.
- Transfer of knowledge to the national human resources to enhance their capacity as well as their statistical, analytical and research knowledge.
- Exploitation of administrative data and maximizing their Uses in statistical and non statistical fields.
- Documenting the statistical work in order to form valuable references to the following generations the quality of the production output operations.
- Achieving strong and mutually beneficial partnerships within and outside of the Sultanate to meet the goals of the centre.
- Quality assurance by adopting quality assurance standards, managing and measuring them.
- Communicating with the society through opening channels of communication with the society to enhance the knowledge so that all meets the different needs of beneficiaries.
- Making the information available with the utmost degrees of transparency, impartiality and objectivity through various modern methods.
The NCSI is committed to building strong partnerships across
all ranges and sectors, both inside and outside Oman. The values and
aspirations of the NSCI extends to consider
all data producers and data users as real partners, and they have all the rights to participate with the centre in figure
industry and take advantage of it to serve all aspects of growth and
The NCSI remains committed to a high degree of
professionalism, exceeding standards both regionally and internationally. This
is achieved through continuous communication with all international parties
based on the scientific researches and methods.
Due to the importance of statistics in the decision-making
process, , the NCSI puts an emphasis on accuracy across the application of
international systems for the managing the overall quality of statistical
operations. Transparency is vital from initial data collection right through to
publication in informative forms . It is necessary to apply the highest degree
of transparency in all phases of the figure industry operations in the
Sultanate as the figures are not sufficient by themselves, they have to be
supported by the knowledge or statistical information about them.
The NCSI believes in the importance of an integrated
management process for knowledge, which is based on transferring and maximizing
knowledge and experience- from generation to generation, and between different
departments. This will benefit the final output of the statistical process, and
at the same time support decision-making. Investing in people is our main
The dissemination of comprehensive information, a high
degree of transparency, impartiality and objectivity are the most important
determinants of the NCSI’s values .
This makes the NCSI a center for thought and knowledge in Oman.