• Index of the family income level has been computed based on two questions:
_ Do you believe that the financial status of you and your family in the present time better, or worse, or as it is, compared with last
_ Are your, and those of your family, financial circumstances at present are suitable , or unsuitable for purchasing home appliances, a car, or similar.
• Index of the current economic situation has been computed based on two questions:
_ Do you believe that the economic status in the Sultanate of Oman is generally ( job opportunities, investments, production and living conditions ) is better, worse, or as it is, compared with last year?
_ With respect to the job opportunities at the present, do you believe, generally, that they are largely available, or available to some extent, or not available?
• Index of Consumer Expectations: has been computed based on three questions:
_ During a year as from now, do you believe that your, and your family's, economic status will be better, worse, or as it is now?
_ During a year as from now, do you believe that the economic situations ( job opportunities, investments, production and living conditions) will, generally, be better, worse, or as they are now?
_ During the next year, and compared to the current situation, do you, generally, believe that the job opportunities will me more, as they are, or less?
• Computing the index of each question: For each question within the three previous groups of questions, the percentages of optimistic and pessimistic responses to the total of responses have been computed, after discarding the neutral and unspecific responses, then computing the difference between the two percentages, and adding 100 points to that difference. Thus the index of each question between zero ( when all responses are pessimistic), and 200 ( when all answers are optimistic). The index of the question takes the value 100 ( neutrality level ) when the pessimistic and optimistic responses are equal.
• Computing the sub-indices: Each sub-index has been computed as a simple computation average for the indices of the questions being used for its computation. The sub-index value ranges between zero and 200 also.
• Computing the general index of consumer sentiment: The general index of consumer sentiment has been computed as a simple computation average for the three subs-indices. The general index value also ranges between zero and 200.